Looking for a quick and healthy snack for the kids? Here are a few tasty ideas which you can surprise them or allow them to make by themselves. Bugs On A Log: They’ll love it just for the name! Simply spread peanut butter onto celery stalks, then top with raisins (the bugs). Yummy.
2. Melon Balls: Show them that ice cream scoops can be used for more than just ice cream. Scoop the”meat” out of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe and serve them on a tray with colorful toothpicks in each one.
3. Quesadillas: You do not need to drive to a Mexican restaurant to enjoy such melted treats. Simply sprinkle shredded cheese onto a tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and microwave it until the cheese is gooey. Cut the quesadilla to triangle-shaped wedges and dip in salsa.
4. Frozen Grapes: The entire family will enjoy this cool treat once summer arrives. Put a washed bowl of grapes into the freezer for an hour or so. Don’t forget to cut the grapes in half for smaller children and toddlers.
5. Peanut Butter Squares: Children will eat just about anything that’s covered in yummy peanut butter! Spread peanut butter on a cracker (or a rice cake). Add a few apple slices then top with another cracker to form a little cracker sandwich.
6. Snackers Delight: Children change their minds with the wind, so be prepared with a medley of the favorites! Fill each cup of a muffin tin with different treats such as nuts, raisins, cheese cubes, pretzels, carrot slices and sunflower seeds.